Wednesday, June 6, 2012

For Basketball Reasons

At the moment, I'm swept up in the all the excitement of the NBA playoffs, so it's the perfect occasion to share some eccentric basketball-related thoughts. 

And we'll make it sort of a game. So before we get started, see if you can guess the name of this shape.





C'mon, Cut it out!

I can't tell you how cool I find this to be:



I love seeing the giant cut-outs in the crowd; they're a lot more fun than "the wave", and it's probably the greatest trend in sports fandom since the streak. I wouldn't mind if security got a little more lax on streaking. Because you know what is really disgraceful and embarrassing? Flopping!


Hopefully this clever idea will occur to some other hoops fans and there'll be giant cut-outs of this sign. What a great way to give the fans a voice on a hot topic. It's like saying, "Hey knock it off, assholes!"

That's what I want to see in the crowd next year. What I really don't want to see is this: 





#GTFOWTBS

Texting your ass off when you're at a live NBA game?! Especially these dipshits with great seats. It's so tacky. Usually you have to be pretty privileged to get those seats, so you know they're probably bragging on Twitter.

@skankyniknowit : yall know how i roll! lolz. chillin on the floor of msg. bored. hit me up. #balla

Sidebar discussion of text messaging: I know it's a big part of everyday life, for everyone, but I feel like it never looks classy when you text in public. There's many degrees of looking tacky or stupid, so simply looking at your phone doesn't make you a jerk. I suppose... I'm usually a bit embarrassed to text in public; it's almost in the same category of adjusting my undershorts, I'm inclined to do it quick and inconspicuously. If you agree, you may want to employ the technique I've used: Stand up straight and bring the phone up closer to eye level, rather than holding it at waist-level and dropping your head and slouching like a putz. 


Shut it down

I liked when this happened:



So were you able to guess the shape...?




I know that every time I make something, I always think it's going to turn into a total meme sensation -- or at least has the potential to do so. But I don't know, I may be on to something here. We'll see if the web (or at least this blog) eventually gets dominated by "What is the shape?"


So who do I like?

GIMME SOME NASTY, CELTICS! BEAT THE HEAT! 




No comments:

Post a Comment